[spectre] Call for Work: “Reinterpreting Gothic”

Wago Kreider wagokreider at studio27.org
Mon Dec 13 19:00:19 CET 2010

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria";}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }Call for Work: Studio 27 presents “Reinterpreting Gothic”

For the upcoming Big Muddy Film Festival at SouthernIllinois University, we are curating a special out-of-competition screening on“The Gothic.” For this program, we are looking for experimental films andvideos (under 30 minutes) that explore the gothic in innovative ways. Thiswould include any work that deals with such issues as: death, deviance, theuncanny, ruins, fragmented bodies, the excessive, the grotesque, the abject,psychologically charged sites, the supernatural, the horrific, the macabre, andborders of sanity, propriety, or reality. We are especially interested inprojects that use the gothic to explore social issues, identity, or that drawattention to the intersections between the gothic and other genres.

Please send us a prescreening copy of your work on playableDVD (or provide us a URL where we can stream or download a high quality preview).All submissions must include abrief project synopsis, artist statement, and contact information (emailaddress, phone number). Address your submission to:

Wago Kreider, Radio-TV Dept.
Southern Illinois University
1100 Lincoln Drive
Carbondale, Il 62901

USA

Deadline for receipt of submissions is January 26th,2011
For more information contact us at: jessicaallee at studio27.org