[spectre] ISEA2010 RUHR - call deadline POSTPONED to 25 Sept

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Fri Sep 11 12:19:37 CEST 2009

Dear friends,

ISEA2010 RUHR, the 16th International Symposium
on Electronic Art, will take place in the cities
of the German Ruhr area from 20 - 29 August 2010.

Due to many requests we have postponed the
deadline for our Call for Submissions to

This will give people an extra 10 days to prepare
and edit their submissions. We invite proposals
for conference papers, artist presentations,
exhibition projects, live performances, and art
projects in public space, from visual artists,
musicians, dancers, designers, engineers,
software artists, researchers, theorists, media
activists, and hybrids of these, working with
recent technologies and exploring the artistic,
creative and critical potentials of digital and
electronic media.

The submission platform of ISEA2010 RUHR is available at

http://www.isea2010ruhr.org/submissions

All submissions will be peer-reviewed by an
International Review Committee. The results of
the jury process and invitations for ISEA2010
RUHR are expected by the end of 2009. Successful
submissions will be published in the proceedings.

Please, note that there will not be a second
general call like this. If you want to submit to
ISEA2010, please, submit by 25 September!

Other news:

On a new archive website, comprehensive
information is now availabe about all previous
ISEA editions: http://www.isea-webarchive.org

We post a monthly newsletter to keep you updated
about the preparations (please, subscribe through the website).
Below, you will again find hints to related
events going on in the Ruhr region this autumn.

CREDITS

ISEA2010 RUHR is a project of Ruhr.2010 -
European Capital of  Culture. ISEA2010 RUHR is
hosted by Medienwerk NRW and organised under the
auspices of the ISEA Foundation. Funded by
Ruhr.2010 - Cultural Capital of Europe, the State
Chancellory of North Rhine Westphalia, and the
City of Dortmund. Supported by the Kunststiftung NRW.

INFORMATION

http://www.isea2010ruhr.org

CONTACT: ISEA2010 RUHR, c/o HMKV, Güntherstraße 65,
44143 Dortmund, Germany, info at isea2010ruhr.org

RECOMMENDED EVENTS in and around the Ruhr region

Arto Lindsay, Richard Siegal / The Bakery: Muscle
Dance performance
PACT Zollverein, Essen
11 September, 20.00 h
http://www.pact-zollverein.de

MobileHCI09
University of Bonn
15 - 18 September 2009
http://www.mobilehci09.org

KunstFilmBiennale
Cologne and Bonn
28 October - 1 November 2009
http://www.kunstfilmbiennale.de

contemporary art ruhr 09 - the innovative art fair
galerie/agentur 162, Welterbe Zeche Zollverein, Essen
30 October - 1 November 2009
http://www.contemporaryartruhr.de

Exh. “Awake Are Only The Spirits" - On Ghosts and Their Media
Hartware Media Art Association, Dortmund
until 18 October 2009
http://www.hmkv.de

Exh. Industrial Land Art
Skulpturenmusem Glaskasten Marl
until 25 October 2009
http://www.marl.de/skulpturenmuseum

Exh. RECORD > AGAIN !
Video Art in Germany 2
Ludwig Forum, Aachen
19 September - 15 November 2009
http://www.ludwigforum.de

Exh. Harun Farocki
Museum Ludwig, Köln
31 October 2009 - 7 March 2010
http://www.museum-ludwig.de

Exh. Codes and Clowns: Claude Shannon - the juggling scientist
Heinz Nixdorf Museumsforum, Paderborn
6 November 2009 - 28 February 2010
http://en.hnf.de

To stay informed about the programmes of the
member organisations of Medienwerk NRW, please
check:
http://www.medienwerk-nrw.de/html/mitglieder.html

RUHR.2010 - European Capital of Culture
http://www.ruhr2010.de