[spectre] Date Announced - world's biggest bubble blowing climate experiment

Drew Hemment drew at futuresonic.com
Tue May 12 12:35:08 CEST 2009

Join Futuresonic and the Met Office / Hadley Centre in the bubble
blowing climate experiment, Climate Bubbles.

Prepare your bubbles... the date has been announced, and the bubble
blowers of Manchester are about to set forth on the world's first
mass-participation bubble-blowing soap-tastic citizen-science
experiment!

http://www.futuresonic.com/bubbles

Open to anyone, all you need to do is make/get some bubble mixture
and play two bubble games, The Bubble Chase & The Bubble Race

Climate Bubbles is a locative media-meets-citizen science project by
Drew Hemment, Alfie Dennen and Carlo Buontempo.

http://www.futuresonic.com/env20

When & Where?

DATE ANNOUNCED:
midday, Fri 15 - midday, Sat 16 May

Blow your bubbles anytime from midday, Fri 15 to midday, Sat 16 May
(confirmed 48 hours in advance).

24 hours for Bubble Racing and Chasing: we need lots of measurements
at different times of the day (and night) over this 24 hour period.
The best conditions for the experiment are during the daytime
(11.00am-15.00pm) but a fun idea is to have a Bubbles Breakfast, or
you may want to blow bubbles after work or school.

Take part anywhere across Greater Manchester, we want races in as
many different places as possible.

Help spread the word!

Please ask your Facebook friends - plus families, colleagues and
neighbours - to join in with the world's first bubble blowing
locative media climate experiment, Climate Bubbles.

Join the Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73305977659

Change your profile picture to Climate Bubbles, and help spread the
word!!

If you use Twitter, send a Tweet including the hash tags #futr09
#bubbles.

"Blow bubbles to help Met Office and Futuresonic model urban climate
#futr09 #bubbles http://bit.ly/Q78G8"

How?

The Bubble Chase & The Bubble Race are two bubble games that enable
people across the city of Manchester to map air flow and the urban
climate.

Upload your results to our website and give the Met Office a snapshot
of Manchester’s Urban Heat Island.

Make your own bubble kit to protect the environment using our
download instructions. Or pick a bubble kit from Futuresonic 2009
venues, or buy one from a shop.

Learn all about the bubble games here
http://www.futuresonic.com/bubbles

Download instructables at
http://www.futuresonic.com/climateBubblesInstructions

The Festival

Futuresonic 2009
Urban Festival of
Art, Music & Ideas

13-16 May, Manchester UK
http://www.futuresonic.com

World premiers of astonishing artworks, an explosive city-wide music
programme, and visionary thinkers from around the world.

For information on other Environment 2.0 projects at Futuresonic 2009
visit
http://www.futuresonic.com/env20

In 2010 Futuresonic will return as FutureEverything

#futr09