[spectre] Call: for ART AND RENEWABLE TECHNOLOGIES symposium participants

Rasa Smite rasa at rixc.lv
Thu Jul 23 12:43:48 CEST 2009

Dear Spectre!

i am happy to inform you that we (e-lab/rixc/riga) have now re-made
Xchange website, please check out:

http://xchange.re-lab.net

Xchange is a pioneering streaming audio and sound art project on the
Internet. It was launched in 1997 by Riga based artists group E-LAB
(Rasa Smite, Raitis Smits, Jaanis Garancs) in collaboration with
various other emerging net.radio initiatives from all over the world.
The Xchange mailinglist for information exchange and communication
was started in December 1997. The Xchange community reached its'
highest activity in 1998 and 1999 - when the most dynamic experiments
with collaborative streaming possibilities took place during X-Open
Channel sessions. Co-sessions were facilitated by E-LAB net.radio
Ozone weekly webcast-programmes, during which live stream loops were
created for connecting two and more participants from different
locations of the network. In 1998 Xchange project received PRIX Ars
Electronica "Award of Distinction" in net.category.

Now there at the Xchange website is available nearly full archive of
Xchange activities since 1997, including:

1. full mailinglist archive 1997-2007

2. list of net.radio links from 90ties with short descriptions (there
might be still incomplete/incorrect info,we are still improving
texts! any corrections are welcome!)

http://xchange.re-lab.net/2009/links/index.html

3. and more interesting part - audio archive, with realmedia
recordings from Xchange collaborative streaming experiments and loops
in 1998 (also available for listening in mp3):

http://xchange.re-lab.net/2009/audio/index.html

with best regards,
rasa

information&comunication channel | for net.broadcasters
http://xchange.re-lab.net  (Xchange)  net.audio network