[spectre] HMC VideoFest, Budapest, Hungary

beata szechy bszechy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:52:22 CEST 2009

HMC VideoFest, Budapest, Hungary
August 02-05, 2009

The Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc. (HMC) is soliciting entries
for a HMC VideoFest to be held in "Godor" downtown Budapest, Hungary
from August 02-05, 2009. Media and video artists all around the world
are invited to send video art for the HMC VideoFest. In the same time
we have an artists residency program in the city and an exhibition
will be arranged. The HMC a nonprofit organization dedicated to
promote cultural expansion of the visual arts.

CONCEPT
HMC Video Art Festival is looking for video art that foresees new
perspectives, criticism or analyis of the subject of matter. The
theme is free.

ELIGIBILITY
Artist: from any age, gender, nationality, religion can submit up to 3 works.
Films and videos submitted must:
- belong to the category of video art ,
- have been completed on or after January 1, 2007
- be in a single channel,
- be copyright controlled by the artist

REQUIREMENT
All submissions should include:
1. Entry form. Fill up, print and sign the form for each work that
you are submitting.
2. Artwork, videos should be submitted on DVD video (pal) format or
video file ("avi", "mpeg" or "quicktime", with a maximum file size of
1,5 Gb) and the time duration of the work should not exceed 15
minutes. The DVD should be clearly label on the spine with title,
year, running time and director name. Works submitted in languages
other than English must be subtitled.
3. A short biography of the artist (between 50 and 100 words),
4. A short description of the work that you are submitting, including
a list of previous screenings,
5. Two still images of the work in jpg.

DEADLINE
Entries must arrive at HMC address by April 25, 2009
HMC does not take responsability of shipment delais. Submissions that
arrive after the deadline will not be considered.

SHIPPING
Submissions should be written on the envelop: "DVD for festival.
Cultural use only. No commercial value."
Do not send submission materials in fibre-filled envelopes; the dust
damages media and playback equipment. HMC is not responsible for loss
or damage during shipment. Submitted works won't be returned.

ENTRY FORM
The entrant's signature on the entry form automatically agree with
the terms of the present call. It also certifies that the entrant is
the legal owner of the work, and that any copyrighted materials
included in the work have been legally cleared for use.

ENTRY FEE
$35.

CATEGORIES AND CONCEPT
We are interested in screening videos in the category of video art.
We look for the inspired and the critical, the confounding and the
revelatory, the scurrilous and the eccentric.
This is non-profit Festival and unfortunately we got a very small
budget so we can only show your video/videos on the singel screen. We
can't offer artistic fees, accomondation or travel expenses.

SEND SUBMISSIONS
Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc.(HMC)
Beata Szechy, president
2503 Costa Mesa Drive, Dallas, Texas 75228

Please get in touch if you have any questions.
214-324-0078
<mailto:bszechy at yahoo.com>bszechy at yahoo.com
<http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com>http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com

ENTRY FORM - HMC VideoFest, BUDAPEST 2009

ORIGINAL TITLE

CONTACT INFORMATION:
ARTIST/DIRECTOR First Name
ARTIST/DIRECTOR Last Name

Address:

City

State

Zip

Phone

Email

Website:

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
ORIGINAL PRODUCTION FORMAT
SOUND (optical sound only): ___ Mono ___ Stereo ___ Silent ___ Dolby
type ______

GENERAL INFORMATION
LANGUAGE
ENGLISH SUBTITLES___ yes ___ no HUNGARIAN SUBTITLES___ yes ___ no
CITY AND COUNTRY OF PRODUCTION
YEAR COMPLETED LENGTH (minutes)

SIGNATURE DATE

Your signature above constitutes acceptance of all rules and
regulations of the HMC VideoFest. By signing this form you allow HMC
VideoFest use of submitted work on publicity materials for
promotional purposes (press kits, posters, website, etc.). Programmed
works may be excerpted to a maximum of 2 minutes for television or
other promotional purposes.

I hereby certify that I have the rights to all materials used in this
tape, and hold the HMC, Inc. harmless from all actions ensuring from
any illegal use of copyrighted material. I hereby accept all rules
and terms as printed on this entry form.

BEATA SZECHY
Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc.
2503 Costa Mesa Dr., Dallas, 75228

214-324-0078
<mailto:bszechy at yahoo.com>bszechy at yahoo.com
<http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com>http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the originator of the message. You are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication,
except in accordance with its intended purpose, is strictly
prohibited.

--
Beata Szechy
HMC