[spectre] Peckham Street Training - Online networks of participation.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Oct 15 16:05:56 CEST 2008

Peckham Street Training - Online networks of participation.

"Street Training is the art of constantly transforming ourselves and
our streets both collectively and individually...Street Training takes
the form of spontaneous small-scale happenings in public space and
shows that we can have an equally powerful effect on our surroundings
with our thoughts and behaviour."
'How do we behave to be joyful' and 'how do we behave to be safe in
the streets?' Through Street Training, Lottie Child asks these two
questions of urban people.

Furtherfield.org's part in Peckham Street Training has been to create
an online platform for Lottie Child's Street Training with a special
focus on the Peckham
group. As part of this commission by Peckham Space (a new
commissioning organisation for socially engaged arts in South London)
we were interested to think about how to translate the project in
physical space into online space and to connect the two. What would
characterise the paths of Safety and Joy for online participants?

Blog post (about networks of participation, rather than commercial
exchange) here http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=node/252

Street Training Online here http://streettraining.servus.at/