[spectre] Human futures: symposium at FACT, Liverpool, 30 October

Heather Corcoran heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 17:24:57 CEST 2008

Human futures: Art in an Age of Uncertainty
Symposium
10.00-5.00pm

FACT, Liverpool

The world around us is changing. What will make the first century of the
millennium different to the last? What will we love, how will we live,
what will keep us awake at night?

Join artists, scientists, ethicists, futurologists as they explore
questions, ideas and propositions that explore our changing environment
and the challenges humanity faces in the future.

This conference brings together contributors from FACT’s Human Futures:
Art in an Age of Uncertainty edited by Andy Miah which features work by
George J Annas, Fiona Raby & Anthony Dunne, Norman M Klein and William
Sims Bainbridge and Oron Catts.

Confirmed Speakers include etoy. Corporation, Paul Brown, Russell
Blackmore, Fiona Raby, Michael Burton and Norman M Klein.

For more info on the book and schedule see
http://humanfutures.wordpress.com/ and www.fact.co.uk.

Tickets £25.00/20.00 (members and concessions)
Tickets available from 0871 704 2063 or www.picturehouses.co.uk

--
Heather Corcoran

Curator
FACT
88 Wood Street
Liverpool, L1 4DQ

t: + 44 (0)151 707 4425
f: + 44 (0)151 707 4445

http://www.fact.co.uk
Bookings: +44 (0)8707 583217
Information: +44 (0)151 707 4450

FACT is proud to be in LIVERPOOL, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008