[spectre] Fwd: In Memoriam: Nan Hoover

stephen kovats kovats at transmediale.de
Thu Jun 12 10:49:14 CEST 2008

Dear all,

one of the great pioneers of video and electronic art Nan Hoover
passed away Monday in Berlin. Montevideo/TBA (Amsterdam) has set up a
'condolences site' for anybody to leave a personal message:

Nan Hoover in Memoriam

Condoleance book: http://www.condoleance.nl/registers/
register_10254.html

Best regards,

Stephen

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Nederlands Instituut voor Mediakunst <info at nimk.nl>
> Date: 11. Juni 2008 21:09:57 GMT+02:00
>
> Nan Hoover
> New York, May 12, 1931 – Berlin, June 9, 2008
>
> It is with deepest sadness that we bid farewell to Nan Hoover. Dear
> Nan, you were one of the most important international pioneers of
> video and performance art. You came to Amsterdam for a vacation,
> fell in love with the city and decided to stay.
> With your video art you revealed the beauty of light, stillness and
> time. You have left us with the memories of your spontaneity, your
> warmth and sharp eye for the work of your colleagues and students –
> and of course your oeuvre, preserved in museums and many collections.
>
> A special memorial is organized for Nan Hoover on June 20th at the
> Netherlands Media Art Institute, Keizersgracht 264, Amsterdam from
> 5:00 - 7:00 pm. For questions and/or details please contact us via
> info<at>nimk.nl
>
> Heiner Holtappels Director, Netherlands Media Art Institute
>
> For all the staff of the Netherlands Media Art Institute,
> Montevideo/TBA
>
> http://www.nan-hoover.com/
>
> Nederlands Instituut voor Mediakunst /
> Netherlands Media Art Institute
> Keizersgracht 264
> NL-1016 EV Amsterdam
> http://www.nimk.nl

artistic director
DEEP NORTH
transmediale.09 | 28 jan - 1 feb 2009
festival for art and digital culture berlin

klosterstr. 68 - 10179 berlin - germany
fon +49 30 24749 761 fax +49 30 24749 763
http://www.transmediale.de

kulturprojekte berlin gmbh
aufsichtsratsvorsitzender volker heller
geschäftsführer moritz van dülmen
amtsgericht berlin charlottenburg, HRB 41312 B