[spectre] Beginning Hormones, a prelude to Becoming Dragon

lotu5 lotu5 at resist.ca
Tue Jul 1 20:40:43 CEST 2008

From:
http://technotrannyslut.com/2008/06/30/beginning-hormones-a-prelude-to-becoming-dragon/

Homage to orlan, biochemical poetry, a beginning
////////////////////////////////////////////////

Avital ronell says that drugs “split[] existence into incommensurable
articulations”.
What drug could this be more true for than administered hormones?
Foucault speaks of epistemological splits which are true splits after
which the original mode of thinking is inaccessible.
And Jane Gallop writes of woman as the knowing subject,
reconfiguring knowledge.
I commit this transversal act
blurring art and life, for the audience and for myself.
If Guattari was serious about becoming woman, why did he not use his
body as an experimental plateau?
In thanks to kate bornstein, in honor of experimentation and becoming a
more frightening monster than they even expected…
Writing the body, not of woman, but of the gender insurgent…
I’m so happy to join the dinner party with Cameron the T888, the sixes
and countless other of Donna’s cyborgs.
(of course we’re all cyborg, i’m just beginning to embrace it)
I thank j for loving me and showing me the possibility…
and tarig and angelbeast and all of my friends…
and take this pill,
and become something else.

june 27, 2008

We had breakfast this morning.
The pharmacist said to take it with a meal to start,
because it can cause nausea.
J Bird looked beautiful in jeans and a grey lace and black cotton camisole
We both laughed about her highly technical coffee order,
and dreamed about moving to Berkeley for grad school.
I ate a sweet corn tamale with beans and an egg,
and a double soy mocha.
Breakfast ended
and everything began
with 1mg of estradiol.

june 28, 2008

Photo documentation here:

http://flickr.com/photos/lotu5/sets/72157605886508555/

More info about the project here:

http://sharingissexy.org/wiki/Becoming_Dragon

--

gpg:  0x5B77079C // encrypted email preferred
gaim/skype: djlotu5 // off the record messaging preferred