[spectre] (fwd) Prix Ars Electronica 2008 - Call for Entries

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Fri Feb 8 07:23:00 CET 2008

From: info at prixars.aec.at
Date: Thu,  7 Feb 2008 16:36:04 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Prix Ars Electronica 2008 - Call for Entries

For the 22nd time, Prix Ars Electronica, the
foremost international prize for computer-based
art, calls for entries in the categories Computer
Animation / Film / VFX, Interactive Art, Hybrid
Art, Digital Communities, Digital Musics, the
Media.Art.Research Award and u19 ñ freestyle
computing, Austrianís largest youth computer
competition.

More than 3,300 submissions in 2007 have further
enhanced the Prix Ars Electronicaís reputation as
an internationally representative competition
honoring outstanding works in the cyberarts. This
year, six Golden Nicas, twelve Awards of
Distinction and approximately 70 Honorary
Mentions as well as the Media.Art.Research Award
are presented to participants. The 2008 winners
will receive a total of 115,000 euros in prize
money.

We would like to ask you to help us "spread the
word" in your community by circulating the
information as widely as possible. We also would
be very glad if you could help us identify some
projects, which in your opinion should
participate in the competition.

For a detailed description of the competition,
please consult our website http://prixars.aec.at

The deadline for submissions is March 7, 2008.

If you need any further information or support,
please do not hesitate to come back to me.

With best regards,
Bianca Petscher

Bianca Petscher
Organisation Prix Ars Electronica