[spectre] Re: 8.8.8 "Babylon Now" at Pergamon (Berlin)... guest list filled

pod podp at xlterrestrials.org
Fri Aug 8 16:48:20 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest, we had to close the guestlist this
afternoon, so no more requests please.
Everyone who received a confirmation email is on the list...

And of course anyone else still considering coming is still welcome,
as far as we know it's not sold out,
but you will have to deal with normal Pergamon museum entrance.
(12e).

ciao,
p.

2008/8/7 Podp Yvol <podska at googlemail.com>:
 > Salut/Salaam/Gruesse Spectres!
 > ( mehr auf deutsch unten)
 >
 > Invite:
 >
 > 8.8.8 Babylon Now
 >
 > Dj Shazam + Vj Podinski
 > at Pergamon,
 > Museum Insel, Berlin
 > 19h-21:30h
 > Friday, August 8th
 >
 > a special "Babylon Now" 3 part mix
 > (8.8. + 5.9 will be our 2nd and last sessions at Pergamon)...
 > intertwining and colliding sound + image , myth and truth(s), ancient
 > to contemporary, war (Inc.) and peace, chaos to poetry...
 >
 > Shazam ( Nomad Sound System + Spark ) brings a mostly vinyl
collection
 > of music from the Babylon region, Bagdad, Basra, Iran and Arabic
 > influences far and wide.
 >
 > And in the visual mix, new footage from : Douglas Fairbanks in Thief
 > of Baghdad, David O. Russell's Three Kings, Robotic Angel/
Metropolis,
 > Disney's Aladdin and Gillo Pontecorvo's Battle of Algiers ( along
with
 > Pasolini's Arabian Nights, Abbas Kiarostami, Al Jazeera news, James
 > Longley's Iraq in Fragments, David Martinez's 500 miles to Babylon,
 > GNN, Media In Cooperation + Transition, Media Decompression archives,
 > and more.
 >
 > "Babylon Now" is Part of the Pergamon and Piranha label's Babylon
Live
 > series in collaboration with SMB Staatliche Museum Zu Berlin, the
 > Louvre, and The British Museum's Babylon, Myth + Truth exhibition.
 >
 > The Museum entrance is 12euros but if you Write us NOW [ pod (at)
 > xlterrestrials (dot) org ]  we may still be able to include you on
our
 > guestlist! ...which includes entrance to this very controversial
 > exhibition.
 > ( we were offered a fairly unrestricted guest list, but a disclaimer
 > "while supplies last" might apply if we go over capacity)
 >
 > Hope you'll join us!
 >
 > Podinski
 >

 > 0----O----o
 > www. xlterrestrials. org/plog
 > arts + praxis organisms
 > o-----O------0
 >

 > ---
 >
 > more info ( auf deutsch) from Shazam below:
 >
 > ---
 >
 > hey ihr lieben, diggt das:
 >
 > Freitag 08 08 08
 > von 19 bis 21h
 > Museuminsel Berlin
 >
 > Pergamon Museum
 > Babylon Expo:
 >
 > BABEL NOW
 >
 > VJ Podinski (XLT, San Francisco)
 > &
 > DJ Shazam (Culture Jamming Funk, Berlin)
 > world exclusive AudioVisual Show on Iraqi music & film footage !!
 >
 > at Babel Lounge / Pergamon Museum
 >
 > ein bisschen info dazu:
 >
 > BABYLON, das antike, liegt, teilweise auch von deutschen architekten
 > ausgegraben im heutigen IRAK. das Pergamonmuseum zeigt eine
Austellung
 > verschiedenster altbabylonische rExponate,mit vielen leihstücken aus
 > dem Louvre in Paris und dem British museum in London, ausserdem gibt
 > es hier nach wie vor das sensationelle Ishtar Tor zu bestaunen. diese
 > Austellung ist einzigartig, nur diesen Sommer in Berlin zu sehn und
 > hat natürlich ihren eintrittpreis (12,- euro) aber weiter unten gibts
 > dazu gute nachrichten.
 >
 > .Podinski (XL Terrestrials) hat aus verschiedensten video archiven
 > aktuelle Bilder aus dem Irak und auch babylonische rezeptionen im
Kino