[spectre] Dharma < The Red Breath > Initiation

franck ancel info at franck-ancel.com
Thu Aug 7 09:43:53 CEST 2008

“The perception which your spirit operates is not produced by the light,
without what you would be unable to perceive the darkness”.
Jack Kerouac, DHARMA.

For the last few years, I have been interested in several sites on the
five continents for my project about the sacred “Red Breath”. The temple
of Borobudur, on the island of Java in Indonesia, is one of these
places. For this reason, I propose my participation from Paris in the
festival Cellsbutton in Yogyakarta, located in a few kilometers of the
temple.

The spirit of this festival resonates with art labs questioning science,
like Makrolab in Slovenia or hackitectura.net in LABora, Spain. In the
television fiction “Lost”, a cell of scientific researchers appear on an
island. It is the “Dharma Initiative”. In one of its stations, a code
must be entered on a computer to prevent an electromagnetic explosion.

Using these elements, I'm publishing a free badge, in collaboration with
graphic designer Claire Morel, in a limited edition of a hundred for the
participants of the festival. It shows the architectural plan of
Borobudur which is a mandala, with the logo of Cellsbutton in the center
(not the logo of “Dharma Initiative”). I propose a general order, a
“Dharma”. As each participant pushes his computer button ON/OFF, I ask
him to think of his life during these few seconds, in another way than
ON/OFF… for a different future.

Our invitation thus tries to show the importance of context and gesture,
towards an open consciousness of digital globalization, of a possible
network of energies.

Namasté
FA

http://www.franck-ancel.com/atx

(English text from French translated by Princesse X)