[spectre] Texts on software/surveillance and audiovisual performance... and exhibition FYI's

Amy Alexander plagiari at plagiarist.org
Tue Apr 15 06:45:26 CEST 2008

Greetings and Howdy!

A paper I've written called "About Sven... and about Software,
Surveillance, Scariness and Subjectivity" is now available online at:
http://deprogramming.us/sven/aboutsven.html
The paper will appear in the forthcoming volume, "Transdisciplinary
Digital Art: Sound, Vision and the New Screen," edited by Randy Adams,
Steve Gibson and Stefan Muller Arisona, to be published by Springer this
year.

A chapter on "Live Audiovisuals" written by Nick Collins and me appears in
the recently released book, "The Cambridge Companion to Electronic Music,"
edited by Nick Collins and Julio d'Escrivan.
http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521688659
The chapter discusses histories of audiovisual performance, including its
ancestry in color organs, visual music filmmaking, light shows, cognitive
science, and more - as well as various approaches to current practice
including VJ'ing, live cinema, and digital media art performance. This one
is not available online, but the book is available from the usual sources.

And FYI:... if  you happen to be in Portland, Oregon, USA, or Taichung,
Taiwan:
Through April 27 - Videos from SVEN (Surveillance Video Entertainment
Network) are on exhibit in the BYOTV exhibition at the New American Art
Union, Portland, Oregon.
Through May 18: My 1996 abstract animated film "unbroken pieces" is
screening in "The Dissection of City" international animation exhibition
at the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts.

Happy Spring,
-Amy
http://amy-alexander.com
http://deprogramming.us/sven

--

Note - Mail sent to the email address in the header may or may not
actually reach me! To reach me at a current, fully functional address,