[spectre] (fwd) call for artist-initated, artist-run, artists' spaces

Andreas Broeckmann ab at tesla-berlin.de
Mon Sep 24 08:01:09 CEST 2007

Date:         Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:51:22 -0400
From: R Labossiere <admin at KLOOJ.NET>
Subject: artist-initated, artist-run, artists' spaces

For those of you who follow, are, or have in the past been engaged
with artist-run centres or collectives or artist-initiated and
organized projects, we are seeking submissions to a book about this
milieu; the book will be a kind of profile, snapshot, cross-section
with many short texts (3-500 words) by many many people (100+).

In particular we are looking for challenging, imaginative,
future-oriented texts. It has always been the case that
artist-initiated activities suffer extraordinary pressures
(financial, administrative) but we are feeling that we are on the
cusp of a kind of sea change in which artists work differently and
have different organizational support needs; that is what we hope the
book will address.

Please visit the book website:
http://www.decentre.info

or the related wiki: