[spectre] To Our Users

Turbulence turbulence at turbulence.org
Sun Dec 9 19:20:58 CET 2007

Many of you may not realize that we are a tiny, not-for-profit organization.
Helen and I spend much of our time raising funds from government and private
foundations to commission networked art. Our mission is to support both
emerging and established artists.

There are very few resources for new media/networked art in the United
States, which makes the process highly competitive. When we succeed, we are
only entitled to use a very small percentage of the grants for server
maintenance and administrative overhead, which translates into inadequate
salaries for ourselves and our system administrator.

Our passion for the field has fueled our commitment for many years, but we
can no longer sustain Turbulence, Networked Performance and Networked Music
Review without your help. We hope you value them enough to help us keep them
alive.

Please go to Turbulence (http://turbulence.org) and make a donation now.

Sincerely,
Jo and Helen

Jo-Anne Green, Co-Director
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.: http://new-radio.org
New York: 917.548.7780 . Boston: 617.522.3856
Turbulence: http://turbulence.org
Networked_Performance Blog: http://turbulence.org/blog
Networked_Music_Review: http://turbulence.org/networked_music_review
Upgrade! Boston: http://turbulence.org/upgrade