[spectre] Arab Women Active in the Arts and Media

Joseph Gray josephgray at grauwald.com
Tue Aug 14 21:02:51 CEST 2007

The writer Heiko Recktenwald writ:
• They do piracy and take hostages all the time, since centuries, like
• Europeans, but besides that there are no problems at all.

Hmm, so I'm wondering how you fit subway bombings and such into the
category "no problems"?  Exactly what is the German perspective on
immigrants from the Middle-East?

•> and these conflicts are not just cultural, but
•> also economic, political and religious.
• Slavetrade did work fine.

That's hilarious, yeah, many African-American slaves also came through the
Arabic route.  And boy-howdy, are they still pissed about it, as they
should be.

•> had a certain amount of
•> "freedom", and tolerance within their own borders.
• Well, you misunderstood me completely. It was not about more "freedom"
• in the the occupied territories in general, but the fact, there there
• was once no occupation by Israel at all. Israel lived happyly on its
• side of the border of 67, until some preemptiv war.

Not sure that I totally mis-understood you, the Arabic sphere is very
large,  the Israel conflict is one part of a larger whole...  I've heard
that the folks who owned the land in Israel that the Europeans (and US)
collected to create a place to put the Jews (with the whole pretense of
Zionism and all that) were happy to get the money at the time.  I was
referring to Iran mostly, a place that continues to have a certain amount
of religious tolerance even though it has a very conservative leadership.
guess it helps to be more specific.

•> Even today there are
•> traces of that.
•>
•>
• Foreign countries dont seem to exist for you.

;) Yes, it is all just fairy-tales to me.  I've only known a few people
who died due to these conflicts personally, and they died in the US, a
couple decades prior to 9/11.

• SPECTRE list for media culture in Deep Europe
• Info, archive and help: