[spectre] book release: The Metaphysics of Capital

Nicholas Ruiz III editor at intertheory.org
Sat Oct 21 03:20:40 CEST 2006

The Metaphysics of Capital
Nicholas Ruiz III

ISBN: 097899020X

Release date: intertheory press, November 1, 2006

available at amazon

Product Description
"A history of Capital, like a history of religion, reflects little more than
the current fashion in historical time. A metaphysics of Capital, derived
from the preponderance of a capitalizing bare life, supports the idea that
Capital has no birth, but is eternally complicit with life, the only
variance being, the way in which we define Capital. Capital, that is, the
coining of the term--is not synonymous with its inception, or more
saliently, there is no immaculate conception of Capital. Like the genetic
Code, our identification of it did not make it so; make it exist, as it
were. Evidently, unlike God, the Code preceded our conception of it.
Ironically, like God, the Code must capitalize upon an environment in order
to survive. In other words, Capital is a currency of the Code"

About the Author
Nicholas Ruiz III was born in New York City. He teaches bioethics, ethics
and critical thought in the department of Humanities at Kaplan University.
He is also the editor of Kritikos, http://intertheory.org