[spectre] Re: 'COMPASSIONATE SLAVERY' - a spoof?

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Fri Nov 24 11:28:47 CET 2006

hey jaromil,

i think that many, many flowers should be allowed to blossom in the
pastures of our networks. and i think it is interesting to see that
there is no natural consensus about the reading and the evaluation of
critical artistic practice. we had a discussion on the german
rohrpost recently about the relevance of copyright and remuneration
systems because there was a letter by a pro-copyright group of
writers posted to the list. for me it is important that william's
failure, or unwillingness, to see the dark humour in the 'slavery'
action by the yesmen is a valid reaction, too. remember that the
syndicate had room for people like tisma, and antiorp, and everyone
else. we can also not expect that everyone who is on the spectre list
today is aware of 10 or so years of rtmark 'oeuvres'. it feels
sisyphean, but then that's life. and reminds us of the beauty of
repetition.

regards,
-a