[spectre] Interval - Becoming Electric

Dave Griffiths griff at davegriffiths.info
Thu Nov 16 21:44:32 CET 2006

++ APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING++

Interval - an artist-led platform with a focus on new media practice
www.interval.org.uk

/Becoming Electric/
The Lower Turks Head, Shudehill, Manchester, UK

Preview: 24th November 6-9pm
Exhibition continues 25th November - 3rd December, 12-5pm

(The Lower Turks Head is opposite Shudehill tram stop in the Northern
Quarter)

We live in the time of the electronic soapbox. We have ever more
opportunities to have our say and be heard, or to project a sense of who
we are, primarily as a result of a variety of social software and
networking services. We use Blogs, Wikis, Instant Messagers, and a
variety of tools such as MySpace, Flickr, Bebo, and YouTube to represent
our electrical selves, and to mediate who we are and what we say. In our
Web 2.0 world, the internet is no longer about information silos and
corporate sales, but about sharing, communication and participation.

Becoming Electric responds to this rapidly developing digital domain in
our culture, and asks artists what it means to represent themselves
through technology.

Simon Blackmore
Johnny Byrne
Florencia Durante