[spectre] Bruce Sterling at SPACE Media Arts, London -- TONIGHT

Heather Corcoran heather at spacestudios.org.uk
Tue May 16 13:28:33 CEST 2006

*Tagged: Bruce Sterling Rants*
TONIGHT!
Tuesday 16 May 2006, 7pm

SPACE Media Arts
129-131 Mare Street
Hackney
London E8 3RH
**PLEASE NOTE -- AN INCORRECT ADDRESS FOR THIS EVENT MAY BE CIRCULATING
-- the above address is the correct one, see below for more directions**

/Free, no booking in advance/

On Tuesday, May 16th , come and hear Bruce Sterling, author, journalist,
editor and critic, rant about RFID, the future of design and technology
and whatever else is on his mind.

Bruce Sterling is best known as a science fiction author and grandfather
of the cyberpunk revolution in the 80s, editing the definitive genre
anthology Mirrorshades. His books from that period include Islands in
the Net, Schismatrix, and the Difference Engine, co-written with William
Gibson. Recently, Sterling has expanded on ideas about history,
technology, art theory, politics and global cultural trends in
non-fiction books, most recently /Shaping Things (2005)/. His current
blog, Beyond the Beyond, is at http://blog.wired.com/sterling/.

For more information, please contact Heather Corcoran at
heather at spacestudios.org.uk or by telephone at 0208 525 4339.
Bus: 254, 253 and 106 from Bethnal Green, 55 from Old Street
Tube: Bethnal Green
Train: Hackney Central Silverlink

/SPACE is wheel chair accessible. If you have specific access
requirements, please contact us in advance and we will do our best to
accommodate them./