[spectre] Bruce Sterling at SPACE Media Arts, London - May 16

SPACE Media Arts newmediamarketing at spacestudios.org.uk
Wed May 3 18:30:57 CEST 2006

Tagged: Bruce Sterling Rants

Tuesday 16 May 2006, 7pm

SPACE Media Arts

129-131 Mare Street

Hackney

London E8 3RH

Free, no booking in advance

On Tuesday, May 16th, come and hear Bruce Sterling, author, journalist,
editor and critic, rant about RFID, the future of design and technology and
whatever else is on his mind.

Bruce Sterling is best known as a science fiction author and grandfather of
the cyberpunk revolution in the 80s, editing the definitive genre anthology
Mirrorshades. His books from that period include Islands in the Net,
Schismatrix, and the Difference Engine, co-written with William Gibson.
Recently, Sterling has expanded on ideas about history, technology, art
theory, politics and global cultural trends in non-fiction books, most
recently Shaping Things (2005). His current blog, Beyond the Beyond, is at
http://blog.wired.com/sterling/.

For more information, please contact Heather Corcoran at
heather at spacestudios.org.uk or by telephone at 0208 525 4339.

Bus: 254, 253 and 106 from Bethnal Green, 55 from Old Street

Tube: Bethnal Green

Train: Hackney Central Silverlink

SPACE is wheel chair accessible. If you have specific access requirements,
please contact us in advance and we will do our best to accommodate them.