[spectre] How to post to Spectre

Inke Arns inke.arns at snafu.de
Mon Mar 13 22:54:24 CET 2006

Dear Spectres,

we (as administrators) have been receiving a lot of e-mails lately
concerning the 'moderation' of the Spectre list, and why people
cannot post to the list anymore.

Well, let me just say two things:

1) The Spectre list is NOT moderated. There are just benevolent
administrators (Andreas and myself) who try to help as much as they
can.

2) Spectre ONLY accepts UNFORMATTED e-mails. You have to switch off
any formatting option button in your mail program!

If you send e.g. HTML formatted text, the Spectre software EATS your
mail and we (as admins) don't even get to see it.

Please make sure that you only post PLAIN ASCII messages.

Thank you for your attention.

Inke