[spectre] BORDERLINE DIGITAL - SAT JUNE 3rd

asaf zulah azulah at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 03:36:02 CEST 2006

BORDERLINE DIGITAL
-a clinical diagnosis of mental dependency on digital data.
-a multimedia critique of civilization through digital technology.
-an exploration of fragmentation, alienation and pixelation.
Saturday, June 3rd, 6PM - LATE
Station40, 3030B 16st @Mission
Donation (NOTA)
http://www.station40.org
Please forward far and wide...

BORDERLINE DIGITAL
thinking of digital bits as a metaphor to the human experience. both in
our three dimensional reality, atoms banded together to create the
appearance of a smooth surface, but are indeed independent, anomalous,
and disorganized, and in our social networks promising connectivity,
communication and unity, yet  through the cracks creeps alienation, and
our brains, corrupted and pixelated, are not so easy to reboot.

here we are in the year 2006, and we have seen the future, we are post
modern and post futuristic, we are freakin' post post, we are living in
the days beyond the space odyssey.
The red eye of the soft spoken demented computer running the ship on
it's way to jupiter, is at best, a wet dream.
In reality, that voice, is nothing but an automatic answering software
running on a server farm in texas, telling us to please hold on the
line until our future is available...

Using the medium, the science and the technology itself, Borderline
Digital will tiptoe the fine line between the hype of digital
technology and the hypocrisy of primitivist deconstruction, to turn
technology inside out and point out it's vulnerabilities.
This would be a night long collective discussion, with prepared
materials and on the fly plugins, across multiple mediums and from
various angles, we will explore our relationship with digital
technology, and provide council where council is needed.
Bring your cellphones, your ipods, your laptops and gadgets. but most
important, bring your thoughts and your ideas to share. We will either
plug everything into a huge digital social network experiment or make a
big bonfire in the center of the room and try to name the toxins for
the different colored flames without using google.