[spectre] Re: the media art center of 21C

John Hopkins hopkins at isnm.de
Sat Sep 10 22:16:00 CEST 2005

Rene!

>>>(re)defining anything for the 21 century without discussing market and funding models >>>would make this entire discussion a mindless game of shoving words back forth without >>>any meaning.

isn't the market and economic funding models just one (dominant) model of how certain societies construct social relation and meaning?  Is it true that there are no other ways of constellating (social) relationship in our lives that don't consider CASH?  I can't accept this statement seriously, unless I become hopelessly cynical.

still not 100% cynical though I am at the moment invalid in the Belly of the Beast of declining Empire...

John