[spectre] Re: the media art center of 21C

Chris Byrne chris at crowriver.net
Sun Sep 4 10:34:14 CEST 2005

(Spectre list was down yesterday? So this is re-sent: apologies if you
have already received it)

A fascinating thread, and not before time. As someone who recently
(last year) became a statistic during the 'restructuring' of New Media
Scotland, this topic of 'recycling' of media arts institutions /
support structures seems very pertinent.

I tend to agree with Eric that a structured meeting around the current
shifts and changes within the 'media arts' would be very useful, more
so if we discussed strategies for dealing with the present situation.
This would be particularly helpful for those of us that will not be at
Ars Electronica. Andreas, I know that you will have many plans for
Transmediale 06, could this be one of them, or is it already too late?

Chris