[spectre] Call for works

Schwules Museum / Kontakt kontakt at schwulesmuseum.de
Thu Oct 20 16:35:10 CEST 2005

Call for Works

The working-group „Sexarbeit“ (Sex-work) of the NGBK (New Society for Visual
Arts in Berlin) is planning for December 2006 through February 2007  the
exhibition SEXARBEIT. Alltag Mythen Gewalt (Sex-work. Everyday Life Myths
Violence) for three art spaces in Berlin: NGBK, Kunstamt
Kreuzberg/Bethanien, and Haus am Kleistpark.

As an extension of our artists’ selection, we are looking for pre-existing
artistic works and projects on the subject sex-work/prostitution, in which
male and female artists are trying out new forms of representation, beyond
clichés like prostitutes as victims or femme fatales or other forms of
erotic-exoticisms. We are equally interested in works concerning female,
male or transsexual prostitution or forced prostitution.

We ask interested artists to send us short documentations of your works and
projects (not more than 2 A 4 pages of text and no more than 3 images as
photo prints or print-outs). We stress that this invitation is not a
competition of concepts, but an invitation for pre-existing works. The
curatorial team will reach a decision about participation in a joint
selection process.

Applications should be sent by mail to:

Neue Gesellschaft für bildende Kunst e.V.
z.H. AG Sexarbeit
Oranienstraße 25
D-10999 Berlin

 Entries must be postmarked no later than January 15, 2006. Unfortunately,
the material can not be returned. For further information please contact:
jusieg at gmx.de

We are looking forward to interesting documentations!
The working group SEXARBEIT of NGBK Berlin: Judith Siegmund, Boris von
Brauchitsch, Jörg Leidig, Maika Leffers, Stéphane Bauer, Katharina Kaiser,
Ulrike Solbrig