[spectre] _Sean.ce.1.9.4.8_/"Since 1948"

][m e z ][ netwurker at hotkey.net.au
Tue Mar 29 02:50:16 CEST 2005

 >>"Since 1948"
_Sin.c[osine]e.1.9.4.8_

 >>Gene Wolfe once said that being an only child whose parents are dead is
like being the sole survivor of drowned Atlantis. There was a whole
civilization there, an entire continent, but it's gone. And you alone
remember. That's my story too, my father having died when I was six, my
mother when I was eighteen. Brian Aldiss believes that if you look at the
life of any novelist, you'll find an early traumatic break, and mine seems
no exception.<<

[Tom]Wolfe.in.a.childs.clothing=[body.]casta(strophe)loneness.
Eating.[w]hole_childhood.civilizations.+.freudian.N.cept[date.repli(can.and.)kant]ions.
Pariential_loss.echos.parietal.[bone.crushing]loss.
Brain_Auld.ness+trauma[shock+lossless.awe].n.voking.behavioural.strait[jacket]s.

 >>I was born on the coast of South Carolina, where my parents liked to
vacation when there was almost nothing there at all. My father was in some
sort of middle management position in a large and growing construction
company. They'd built some of the Oak Ridge atomic facilities, and
paranoiac legends of "security" at Oak Ridge were part of our family
culture. There was a cigar-box full of strange-looking ID badges he'd worn
there. But he'd done well at Oak Ridge, evidently, and so had the company
he worked for, and in the postwar South they were busy building entire red
brick Levittown-style suburbs. We moved a lot, following these projects,
and he was frequently away, scouting for new ones.<<

Born.sipping.on.M.Tee[V?]coast_juice.
Father.fissured, even_then.
Nostalgia_mired+mechanically.caught.whilst.moving.

 >>It was a world of early television, a new Oldsmobile with crazy
rocket-ship styling, toys with science fiction themes. Then my father went
off on one more business trip. He never came back. He choked on something
in a restaurant, the Heimlich maneuver hadn't been discovered yet, and
everything changed.<<

Family_presencing.E.turn[of.the.nuclear.screw]ally.wired.into.the.young.gib[epi]so[de]nic_consciousness.
Shock.jocking_rewired.vs.x.pressionistic.attn.[hide/spawning/supression+also]seeking.

--

[do][u][want][(sir)(thomas)moore]?

--

--no.logo.[-D-]scenting--
--dreaming.caramelized.txt.body.trickling.

                      .