Subject: [spectre] (fwd) Art, truth and politics / Harold Pinter's> Nobel Speech

Simon Biggs simon at littlepig.org.uk
Thu Dec 8 17:11:17 CET 2005

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:16:49 +0100
> From: Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck at transmediale.de>
> Subject: [spectre] (fwd) Art, truth and politics / Harold Pinter's
> Nobel Speech
> To: spectre at mikrolisten.de

> Pinter's brilliant, honest and frank speech on the brutality of the US
> Regime - It was like the party political broadcast we all dream of...
>
> Read on
>
> Bests Anjali
-----
You probably do not want my public agreement on this but reading Pinter's
speech in the paper this morning was a great way to wake up. Aside from his
powerful and uncompromising analysis of corrupt Western power (and its
abuses) his observations on the relationship between art and life, the
respective "duties" of the artist and the citizen (that these are not always
the same thing), was timely and incisive.

Best

Simon

Simon Biggs
simon at littlepig.org.uk
http://www.littlepig.org.uk/

Professor, Art and Design Research Centre
Sheffield Hallam University, UK
http://www.shu.ac.uk/schools/cs/cri/adrc/research2/