[spectre] Igor Zabel 1958 - 2005

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Mon Aug 8 07:57:35 CEST 2005

(x-posted from e-flux)

07/25/05 <http://www.e-flux.com>

Igor Zabel 1958 - 2005

It is with a profound sense of sadness that we must announce the
sudden passing of Igor Zabel, MA, senior curator and consultant at
the Moderna galerija / Museum of Modern Art in Ljubljana. The
unexpected and very premature loss of our esteemed colleague and dear
friend leaves behind an inconceivable void, a void that will be
bitterly felt not only by our Museum, but more generally by Slovene
and international art history and the numerous other fields Igor
Zabel was active in as a philosopher, author, essayist, literary and
art critic, translator, teacher of new generations of curators of
contemporary art. In addition to his expertise and extreme
versatility, we shall also sorely miss his humor, his broadness of
spirit, his kindness and warmth.

We shall gather to honor his memory on August 9, at 8 p.m., at the
opening of Territories, Identities, Nets—Slovene Art 1995–2005, the
last exhibition in the trilogy of survey exhibitions he conceived,
during the preparations for which the tragic accident occurred that
led to his demise.

Zdenka Badovinac and colleagues, Moderna galerija / Museum of Modern
Art, Ljubljana

Moderna galerija Ljubljana / Museum of Modern Art
Tomsiceva 14, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
tel: + 386 1 241 6800, fax: + 386 1 251 4120
<http://www.mg-lj.si>http://www.mg-lj.si

<http://www.e-flux.com/index.phtml?p=forward&msg=message_1122331984.txt>email to a friend  <http://www.e-flux.com/index.phtml?p=contact>contact  <http://www.e-flux.com/index.phtml?p=join>subscribe
electronic flux corporation / <http://www.e-flux.com/>www.e-flux.com
295 greenwich street #532, nyc ny 10007