[spectre] Have you been to the Banff New Media Institute? If so, please collaborate!

Sarah Cook sarah.e.cook at sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 06:32:19 CEST 2005

Dear Banff New Media Institute Alumnus

Our apologies if you've received this more than once, but we want to be
sure we found you.

BNMI is having its 10th anniversary this year! Not only that, but it's
the end of an era here on Tunnel Mountain -- our fearless leader Sara
Diamond is leaving Banff to take up a new post in Toronto.*

Given these two momentus occasions we are giving you another chance to
PLEASE send us your memories of times at BNMI by taking 10 minutes
right now to fill in our playful online survey.
http://www.collaborativenet.banffcentre.ca/BNMISurvey/index.php
The results will help us as we continue to prepare our anniversary
activities (we're putting up a show, publishing a book, hosting reunion
summits, publishing an online comprehensive archive of 10 years of
events, and releasing a complete DVD archive of HorizonZero) and as we
determine how to move forward.

With your answers (which we have tried to make easy for you by giving
you multiple choices) we are generating visualizations of both the
social networks and the ideas networks which have emerged from BNMI.
These visualizations will appear in the publication as well as at
Banff. We want to know who you met and what resulted.

Please take 10 minutes and fill in the online survey. Right now. Tell
us what you have loved and learned or lamented about BNMI. Tell us just
how immersed you were in Sara Diamond's hot tub.
http://www.collaborativenet.banffcentre.ca/BNMISurvey/index.php

Complete it as many times as feels relevant, or correlates to the
number of times you've hiked Tunnel Mountain at 8am, but do so BEFORE
APRIL 25.

We're sorry if you've filled this in earlier this year, but we are
sending it out again because Sara's departure has put a different spin
on things. We think you might want another (last) chance to comment on
how BNMI (as you've known and loved it in the last 10 years) has
affected your life, professionally and personally.

Come on, it'll be fun.

We would also love it if you would include in the comments section of
the survey any anecdotes, photos, or memories of your participation in
BNMI events that you would be happy for us to include in the
archive/book. (Offers of help are welcome too).

Thanks!

With love and gratitude from the BNMI
anniversary/archive/visualisation/curatorial/editorial team
(aka Sarah Cook, Susan Kennard, Sara Diamond, Maria Lantin, Cindy
Schatkoski, etc.)

Fill the survey in right now!
http://www.collaborativenet.banffcentre.ca/BNMISurvey/index.php

* Sara is the new President of the Ontario College of Art and Design.

Dr. Sarah Cook
post-doctoral fellow, co-editor and co-curator
BNMI 10th Anniversary exhibition and publication
sarah_cook--at--banffcentre.ca