[spectre] join the Sarajevo Picnic! (17 - 19 June 2005)

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Fri Apr 1 16:05:03 CEST 2005

Dear friends,

together with Amra Baksic and Adis Djapo of pro.ba in Sarajevo,
Stephen Kovats and I have been scheming to organise a picnic in
Sarajevo this spring. You can think of it as a sequel to the
trans-european picnic in Novi Sad last year, and we are thinking of
it in a quite an informal way. Here's the general blurb:

The _Sarajevo Picnic_ (17 - 19 June 2005) is an international meeting of
people involved in art, media and culture. Marking the end of the spring
season in Sarajevo, the picnic is an invitation to participate in events
ranging from artist presentations and discussions to parties and the
'Embarrass Yourself!' Show. The picnic is meant both as a network
meeting, with a focus on the south-east European region, and an
opportunity to connect to the lively cultural scene in and around the
Bosnian capital, Sarajevo.

Organised by the Sarajevo Center for Contemporary Art's _pro.ba_ media lab.
Supported by the Goethe Institut Sarajevo.

(Suggested arrival on Thu 16 or Fri 17 June, suggested departure on Mon 20
June)

Since the funding is limited so far, some of us should try and cover
their own expenses, esp. for travelling to and from Sarajevo. If you
need a formal invitation for this, pro.ba can send it. The Goethe
Institut has provided funding esp. to support travel for people from
the south-east European region. For all the participants, pro.ba will
try to organise cheap or free, private accommodation, for those of us
who want it.

(The general idea for the 'Embarrass Yourself!' Show is that everyone
should bring a piece of something - music, food, a gadget, ... - that
you like very much, and that is also embarrassing to like ... the
precise concept for this is still being worked out, but one way ot
the other, it should be fun!)

At the moment, it would be good to know who would be interested to
join the Sarajevo Picnic. You can write to me at the address above,
to Stephen (kovats at v2.nl) or to Amra <amra at pro.ba> and Adis Djapo
<adis at pro.ba>.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

greetings also from amra, adis, and stephen,

-a