[spectre] agoraXchange for you

geert geert at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 19 12:15:38 CET 2004

From: Natalie Bookchin <natalie at action-tank.org>

Dear friends,

Please check out a new project by me and Jackie stevens.at
http://agoraXchange.net commissioned by the Tate Museum in London.

We really need your contributions!

Be forewarned that it is in the most preliminary of stages, and the
forums for which I enlist you to join are not yet not the most user
friendly, but we are (very very diligently) working on it.
But please! use them anyway. We need to hear what you have to say.

Have patience and enjoy!

natalie

-------------------------------

More formal info here:

  AgoraXchange is a forum for the exchange of ideas, where
participants are inspired to work together on the rules, design, and
code which will ultimately result in a game. Participants are
encouraged to answer questions prompting them to make decisions about
the game design and in the process explore political alternatives to
the present global order by accommodating four initial decrees
challenging present conventions for awarding nationality and wealth.
Over the coming months, Natalie Bookchin and Jacqueline Stevens will
implement various incentives intended to solicit further
contributions.

An online conversation conducted between David Ross and Murat Ozbank
will reflect on and inspire the initial game development phase of
agoraXchange and will be posted as it evolves here at Tate Online.

  When the first phase of agoraXchange is complete, a committee of
artists, activists, and political theorists will convene to review
the contributions, and propose three distinct game prototypes. These
prototypes will then be made available for further deliberation by
agoraXchange participants. At the end of this process, a jury
comprised of agoraXchange participants, will vote on the proposals
and decide on the final game prototype and the game will be developed.