[spectre] public art online library

geert geert at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 7 11:25:39 CEST 2004

From: artpublic at sigap.net

============================
THE PUBLIC ART ONLINE LIBRARY
============================

AN ESSENTIAL SOURCE OF INFORMATION
The online library focuses on the role of art in urban projects. Recent creations and
works in progress are organized by category and illustrated with examples from
around the world, with an emphasis on the principal cities of Europe.
The artwork is presented and analyzed within its context (public areas, urban architecture, landscape) and organized by location or by type of project or program, in order to highlight the nature of the commission. Reports that focus on a theme are conceived of as a sampling of the most representative works.
This selective documentation includes 500 significant works of public art and 1000 color photo illustrations.

AN ACTIVE, EVOLVING ONLINE LIBRARY
Our online library is continually expanding with the addition of new reports, and information provided in already existing reports is constantly updated and enriched.  The library is alive and constantly evolving.
Updates can take many forms.  For example, in the case of a report on a project in progress, it is possible to add new works of art as they are completed, and to replace photos of preliminary models with photos of the corresponding definitive works. Links and various practical information (addresses, emails, URL) are regularly checked and updated within the reports, to insure that an accurate, reliable source of useful information is provided.

Membership