[spectre] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 29

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Thu Oct 30 18:03:44 CET 2003

#  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail announcements from the
#  Photostatic Retrograde Archive, simply let us know and we will remove
#  your name from the mailing list.
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now available for download, Retrograde Release no. 25, November 2003:

PhotoStatic 29

Direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/p29.pdf (5.1 Mb)

Description.  The second in the series of
PhotoStatic/Retrofuturism combo issues, No. 29
is, to my mind, one of the more perfectly
realized issues in the series, at least in a
visual sense. We find ourselves here on the
upswing in enthusiasm for the photocopy-derived
esthetic that we and our contributors developed
in the preceding five years. Containing concrete
poetry, political satire, technical explorations
of our chosen medium, and nearly everything in
between, this issue's hodge-podge of graphics and
effects works in tension with the rigid
rectilinearity of the fat-black-rule page layout.
The concluding pages, as usual, make their
contribution to networking culture by offering
reviews of other works, many in a similar vein,
as well as advertisements and announcements for
projects and offerings operating in the same
ideosphere.

Contributors include. Steve Perkins, John
Rininger, John Stickney, Mike Miskowski, Ferd,
Antonio Ladra, Joel Score, Crag Hill, Osmar
Santos, Tom Hibbard, found, The Tape-beatles,
Jorge Caraballo, Bruno Richard, Chris Winkler,
John Eberly, Pete Spence, Ivan Sládek, Greg
Zimmer, Bob Gregory, Thad Metz, anon.

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde
Archive serves as an electronic repository for a
complete collection of PhotoStatic Magazine,
PhonoStatic Cassettes, Retrofuturism, and Psrf,
(as well as related titles). Issues are posted as
PDF files, at more or less regular intervals, in
reverse chronological order to form a
chronological mirror image of the original
series. When the first issue, dating from 1983,
is finally posted in several year's time, then
this electronic archive will be complete.

Issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

Project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--

#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/