[spectre] Call for entries

A Virtual Memorial nc-agricowi at netcologne.de
Wed Oct 29 12:13:38 CET 2003

A Virtual Memorial -
Memorial Project against the Forgetting and for Humanity
www.a-virtual-memorial.org

calls artists for contributing to
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainforest Memorial -
5 minutes before 12  - Memorial for the protection and preservation of the
natural environment on Earth and its inhabitans
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deadline 20 November for launch on 1 December
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes, when there are new horror news about the environmental situation
on Earth, sometimes when we hear one of our favorite animals or plants are
threatened with instinct, be honest, most of us swear to become actively
somehow in order to do something for the preservation of our natural
enviroment, but when these reports are out of news, the daily life goes on
as if nothing had happened.

The Rainforest as one of the most important and endangered natural
environments represents a symbol for the entire threatened nature and the
indigenous peoples who are living in,  each of these enviroments are much
closer to us than we think. The human himself is said to be his biggest
enemy, so it is up to all of us to protect the world we are living in and
safe and preserve it for future generations to prevent such negative effects
of globalization as exploitation of the natural resources through globally
operating companies, for instance,  which work only for there private or
corporate profit on short notice,
but not for longterm social and public benefit.

The Rainforest Memorial would like to invite artists of all genre and media
but also any other people who feel solidarian
to take another short second of responsability by  contributing an artwork,
a privat or political statement etc
and express this way the active solidarity against the insane desctruction
of the natural environment on Earth.

Art, as such, cannot change the world, but art can support the will to make
the changes, changes which are necassary for mankind to survive in an
environment which is worth to be living in.

Please submit your work or statement in one of the following digital file
formats:

URL of an existing net based work
text: .plain email or .txt
image: .jpg, .gif, png
            max size 800x600 pixels and 200 Kb
movie: .mov (Quicktime), rm,ram (Real Video)
           .swf (Flash), .dcr (Shockwave)
           max. size 1MB

All serious submissions will be included.

Please send your submission together with your
1.First and family name
2. email address and homepage URL
3. Work title
4. Work URL or mediafiles
to rainforestmemorial at a-virtual-memorial.org

Deadline 20 November, if you want to be included
when the project is launched onlne on 1 December
afterwards the project will be ongoing and
submission will be included immediately.

Visit also the
Memorial for the Victims of Terror
and
Memorial for the Victims of Aids
and
[R]-[R]-[F] Festival
[Remembering-Repressing-Forgetting]
on
A Virtual Memorial -
Memorial project against the Forgetting and for Humanity
www.a-virtual-memorial.org

corporate member of
[NewMediaArtProjectNetwork] :||cologne