[spectre] UK art collectives website: Exploding Cinema 1991 - 1999

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Thu Oct 2 10:45:50 CEST 2003

x-posted from nettime-ann

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:06:15 +0200
From: matthew fuller <fuller at xs4all.nl>
Subject: <nettime-ann> Exploding Cinema 1991 - 1999: culture and
         democracy
To: nettime-ann at nettime.org

WEBSITE LAUNCH - PRESS RELEASE - PLEASE FORWARD
http://www.stefan-szczelkun.org.uk Exploding Cinema 1991 - 1999:
culture and democracy

This is a thesis about collective cultural practices in Britain from
1967 to 1999 with Exploding Cinema as its main case study.  Anyone
interested in artists collectives of any sort will find something of
interest here...

Suggests reflexive methods of creating knowledge of such phenomena.

Suggests a theoretical framework for legitimating such cultural work
by critiquing Jurgen Habermas' Theory of Communicative Action with
Foucault's writing.

Includes a wealth of details about Exploding Cinema, including a
catalogue of films and filmmakers showing from 1992 - 1997 (those
listed in the programmes at least!).

May be freely used for non-profit purposes by acknowledging use to author.

If anyone can give me references or links to other stuff written on
artists collectives or related stuff I love to hear.

Stefan. September 2003