[spectre] Walker Art closes Media dept. and sacks Steve Dietz

Sarah Cook sarah.e.cook at sunderland.ac.uk
Mon May 12 08:37:29 CEST 2003

Hi Spectres,
thanks to Honor for posting this...
i am in transit from banff - a conference on collections and museums -back to england and have been, with colleagues, developing a response to the Walker's decision. As some of you might know, i worked there in the visual arts department...and so am particularly affected, especially given my role at CRUMB of tracking the curating of new media art.
I will be seeing Steve Dietz this afternoon and from there will be writing a letter to Walker director Kathy Halbreich, expressing the regret our communities feel over this -- T.Whid [artist MTAA] has graciously offered to build a site for those wishing to sign the letter - rhizomers, crumbers, thing-listers, catalyst, syndicate - all these lists and others will be invited to sign.
thanks,
sarah
(www.newmedia.sunderland.ac.uk/crumb)