[spectre] social impact

=?windows-1250?Q?Milos_Vojt=ECchovsk=FD?= milos.vojtechovsky at fcca.cz
Tue Jun 24 14:08:58 CEST 2003

June 25, 2003, 7.p.m.
Lecture and screening at the Center for Contemporary Arts Prague
Jeleni 9, 118 00 Praha 1

Topics of the talk are the modells of Social Impact, the working methods
we use, derived from art and action research, the concept of expanisve
audience and our work in progress., i.e.
  # "On the Situation of Sex-Workers at the Czech-Austrian Border"
  # “Moving-Truck Cinema / Jezevo Motel”
  # “Agency NO MILK NO HONEY”
and other projects for the European Cultural Capital Graz 2003.

supported by
Ministery of Culture, Municipal of Prague, Austrian Cultural Forum

www.fcca.cz

*“One Safe Way into Europe”*
Videoscreening at the conference “Intercultural Action in an Expanding
Europe”
June 25-29, 2003
Luxembourg

Social Impact is showing the video “One Safe Way into Europe” at the
conference “Intercultural Action in an Expanding Europe
<http://www.united.non-profit.nl/pages/luxembourg.htm>” which is
organized from UNITED, Amsterdam. The target of the conference is to
developing anti-discrimination tools.

„One Safe Way into Europe“ features illegal border-crossings at the
Austrian-Czech-Border. The soundtrack of the video is mixed from the
sounds of heart-failures.

*"Art as a tool  ///  Modelling Society"*
*"Home and Away" *
11. Juli - 16 August 2003
Los Angeles International, LAtch Gallery
5367 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles

Social Impact was invited from Max Presneill, the curator of the "Los
Angeles International" to collaborate. We will show the installation
“border rescue“. It contains handy route guides of safe immigration
routes with maps, general tips for refugees and videos about the
increasing deaths of immigrants along the borders of western europe.

“border rescue” defines itself as a form of actionist protest against
the EU´s rigid immigration policy and as a subversive strategy to evade
the oversimplified explanatory patterns of political policymakers.

For further information: mail to office at social-impact.at
We will be happy to answer any questions that may come up.

SOCIAL IMPACT
MMag.art. Harald Schmutzhard
A-4020 Linz, Herrenstr. 20

t. 0043 - (0)70 - 773142-23