[spectre] THIS IS NOT A :Press Release

Sonar Radar intothegloaming at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 20:28:54 CEST 2003

THIS IS NOT A :Collective is proud to announce our:

> FILM REVUE _

WAR SUCKS
Mondays _ 9PM
16 - 30 June 2003
Star Shoes
7963 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA
$3 Donation

<<Screening>> M O N D A Y, 16 J U N E at 9 PM

THE DISOBBEDIENTI (54 min)
a documentary by German filmmaker, Oliver Ressler

This film is about a group emergant from the *Tute
Bianche* who appeared during the demonstrations
against the G8 summit at Genoa in July 2001. The Tute
Bianche were the white-clad Italian activists who used
their bodies - protected by foam rubber, tires,
helmets, gas masks, and homemade shields - in direct
acts and demonstrations as weapons of civil
disobedience.

Please join us: engage in the debate, view the film
and draw your own conclusions on these questions of
protest and war is today’s global society.

for further information you may contact Grace Aplomb
at warsuckseries at yahoo.com.

THIS IS NOT A :Collective was founded in 2001 in order
to conceive new parameters for developing, criticizing
and enjoying culture in the occidental diaspora. Our
use of this opportunity, or purpose is threefold: to
provide information and create discourse on all the
salient issues in our contemporary cultural debate -
from sustainability to globalization, from status quo
to avant garde; to create and facilitate contemporary
media, whether old or new; and to cement our era in
history as a period of renaissance and  renewal.