[spectre] venezuelan cyborgs

Bruce Sterling bruces@well.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:48:35 -0500

*I know it's not Deep Europe, but hey,
cyborgs in Venezuela, how can I not
post that to SPECTRE?  -- bruces

From:
Ricardo Bello <aracal@well.com>

Hi Bruce, I=B4m just a reader of yours..;-), just finished Zeitgeist a =
few=20
days ago.
Today September 11th is a good day to initiate an electronic arts=20
festival, 365 days since the WTC attack and five months from the=20
Venezuelan events of April 11th, where I live and organize the event.=20
It=B4s a good way to protest and make something meaningful. If you know=20=

any mailing list where the information could be interesting, it would be=20=

nice to post the message.
Best,
Ricardo

The First Cyborg Festival initiate its first phase today September 11th=20=

2002, based on the intent and the will to stimulate emerging talent=20
working in cyberspace. This event transcends conventional art=20
boundaries, linking people and communities who create encounters that=20
help us=A0 understand and enhance our life experiences in the =
twenty-first=20
century. It will open its doors to creative minds who have made digital=20=

technology an essential tool for communal living; it will be a place for=20=

diversity and freedom of expression. Details ot the Awards, Jury and=20
Organizing Committee can be found at:
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 =
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0www.cybo=
rgfestival.com