[spectre] Save The Streams - Call for participation

220hex gif@220hex.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:23:40 +0200

Save The Streams!

October 20. is the final deadline for american webcasters to pay for up to 4
years worth of retroactive royalty payments. This will effectively shut down
thousands of small and independent webcasters. Many have stopped their
streams already.

Save The Streams is an agitprop event to focus on the situation, and mark our
support and solidarity with webcasters all over the world. The event is
hosted by BEK in collaboration with Motherboard and others from all parts of
the net. In a massive live happening we will gather streams and statements
from the participants in a propaganda-mix that will be relayed from our
servers. The general public can also make statements through 'Agitbot' - a
web interface where people can write messages that will immediately be
broadcasted on netradio.
The event will take place october 20. between 11 - 13 GMT+1 at Landmark,
Bergen, Norway.

Call for participation.
Webcaster or others with access to webcast clients (ice/shoutcast,real,
quicktime): if you want to make a statement of some kind to be relayed in our
mix, please send a mail to: savethestreams@bek.no.
The statements can either be streamed from your own server or relayed through
BEK. All statements or artistic comments will be streamed without sensorship
of any kind within technical limits.

Links:
http://www.savethestreams.com
http://www.lmark.no
http://www.bek.no
http://www.liveart.org
http://www.saveinternetradio.org
http://www.nklf.no

The project is done in collaboration with NKLF as a part of the conference
"NETTKUNST - UTEN GRENSER" in Bergen.