[spectre] Recent news from the Daniel Langlois Foundation - Fall 2002

Dominique Fontaine dfontaine@fondation-langlois.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:36:57 -0400

Pour la version fran=E7aise :
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/f/nouvelles/index.html>

[ Apologies for cross-posting / Veuillez excuser les envois multiples ]

Recent news from the Daniel Langlois Foundation - Fall 2002

LAUNCH OF THE DVD-ROM *ANARCHIVE 2: DIGITAL SNOW*=20

After spending three years developing a prototype and seeking partners =
and
funding, we are proud to launch an electronic catalogue that brings =
together
a wealth of information and documentation on the Canadian artist =
Michael
Snow and all areas of his work.

A co-production by the Foundation and =C9poxy Communications, this =
DVD-ROM is
put out by Les =C9ditions du Centre Pompidou.

For further details, consult:
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/collection/snow/index.html>

DESCRIPTIONS AND FILES FOR PROJECTS BY INDIVIDUALS FUNDED IN 2002

Given the importance we place on making public the research and =
findings of
the projects we fund, we invite you to consult the files describing the
funded projects and the artists or groups of researchers involved. =
Fully
illustrated with photo reproductions and audio or video excerpts from =
past
works, the section on projects supported by the Foundation lets you =
explore
a whole spectrum of artistic projects at the vanguard of research in =
science
and technology, daring and relevant projects in our hypermediatized =
world.

The 2002 projects : =
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/projets/index.html>

CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMS FOR ORGANIZATIONS

Note that the Exhibition, Distribution and Performance Program for
Organizations and the Program for Organizations from Emerging Regions =
have
been suspended and are being reviewed. In December, we will announce =
the
guidelines for the new program designed for organizations.=20

The program for individuals, artists or researchers remains unchanged, =
and
the deadline for applying is still *January 31, 2003*.
=20
Funding programs:
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/programmes/index.html>=20

DR. GERALD O'GRADY, THE RESEARCHER IN RESIDENCE AT THE FOUNDATION'S =
CENTRE
FOR RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION (CR+D), IS IN MONTREAL TILL JANUARY 2003

A retired academic, Dr. O'Grady contributed greatly to the early years =
of
electronic arts by founding several departments of media studies, in
particular at the State University of New York at Buffalo. The faculty =
at
SUNY Buffalo included such eminent artists as the Vasulkas, Hollis =
Frampton,
Paul Sharits, Tony Conrad, Peter Weibel and James Blue. During his stay =
in
Montreal, Dr. O'Grady will help the Foundation analyze the Steina and =
Woody
Vasulka Archives and interpret the findings in an on-line publication =
by the
Foundation.

University professors in Montreal who are interested in inviting Dr. =
O'Grady
to address their class (in English) can contact the Foundation at:
 <info@fondation-langlois.org>

Press release:
<http://www.fondation-langlois.org/e/informations/nouvelles/ogrady.html>=

=20