[spectre] Re: printed magazines on digital culture in europe?

WRO 01 wro@wro.getin.pl
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:47:27 +0200

hi andreas,

some hints about those printed magazines in poland:
some excellent magazines appeared in the past for a while, entitled:
Plastik - 1997-99 ?
Cyber - issued for 2 or 3 years by IDG Poland
fits really well your description, but they exist no more, unfortunately

actually some fancy new-pop-cultural magazines for young culture
like
Machina
Fluid
Kaktus
are more or less frequently orbiting around those  issues

and one free distributed magazine
Aktivist (both printed and www.aktivist.pl)

also good polish art magazine "Magazyn Sztuki"  can be interesting
it is also printed and online www.magazynsztuki.home.pl (from time to time
partly bilingual)

this are most important, i think

besides this, there are about 30 computer magazines, some of them
extensively cover some of issues you mentioned

all this are magazines widely in stock, there are also numerous zines in a
more narrow circulation, not distributed by the commercial market

btw do you know about high quality ZAVTONE printed in japan (bilingual also
in english) and distributed mainly by subscription

greetings

piotr krajewski
www.wro.art.pl