[spectre] Peace and Human Security Media Festival

WRO 01 wro@wro.getin.pl
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:34:13 +0200

----------
From: Nino Rodriguez <nino@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:03:03 EST
To: wro@wro.getin.pl
Subject: Peace Media Fest

I am writing because I've recently joined the steering committee of an
exciting new film/media festival and conference here in NYC. It's called
the "Peace and Human Security Media Festival" and we are focusing on how
media can be used as a tool for peace-making and conflict resolution. If
I may, I'd like to ask for your assistance, since I think this is a topic
that your organization might be interested in.

At the bottom of this email is a copy of the call for submissions and
papers. Please have a quick look over it. If you know anyone working on
any film, video, TV, online, or other media projects relating to the
theme of the festival, I would love it if you could forward them this
info and/or tell them to contact me directly. We are really interested in
making this a festival of many different types of media, so everything
from journalistic photography to amatuer video work to professional
features films is fair game.

I also have the call for submissions as a Word doc (it's 100K) in case
you'd like to forward that as well to anyone -- let me know and I'll send
it.

Thanks for your help, and looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

-Nino

=====

On 6-15 September 2002, the Center for Peace and Human
Security will host a Peace and Human Security Media Festival to
feature films, radio and television programs, photographs,
paintings, drawings, sculpture, theatrical and other performances,
print journalism, music, computer software, websites, prose, and
poetry on the subject of or contributing to international peace and
human security. Simultaneously, the Center will host an
International Conference on Peace and Human Security Media.

Within the broad theme of international peace and human security,
CPHS is particularly interested in media that address the issues
of conflict transformation, sustainable development, human rights,
and international justice.  In convening the Peace and Human
Security Media Festival and the International Conference on Peace
and Human Security Media, CPHS hopes to:

* Showcase media that contribute to international peace and
human security

* Explore constructive ways for mediamakers to cover issues of
peace and human security

* Engage in dialogue about the role of mediamakers in the
dynamics of war, peace, and insecurity

* Encourage and facilitate collaboration between peace and
human security practitioners and mediamakers

* Nurture the development of peace and human security initiatives
that engage mediamakers constructively

At this time, the Center for Peace and Human Security is accepting
submissions for the Peace and Human Security Media Festival.
Submissions will be accepted until 31 May 2002. Please find
attached the official entry form, a submissions checklist, and a list
of festival rules and regulations

CPHS is also calling for papers, panels, and posters for the International
Conference on Peace and Human Security Media.  Submissions will be accepted
until 30 June 2002.  Please find attached the call for papers and the
official registration form.

For more information, please contact the secretariat at:

                Center for Peace and Human Security
                Columbia University Station
                P.O. Box 250308
                New York, New York 10025