[spectre] BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA - Florence in May

iMage image@architettura.it
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:39:28 +0200

University of Florence =96 School of Architecture
Department of Architectural Technology and Design "Pierluigi Spadolini"

iMage

6th international festival of architecture in video

B E Y O N D  M E D I A / O L T R E  I  M E D I A

international architectural conference
> Florence, May 2-5, 2002 [NEW DATES! PLEASE NOTE]
> Ospedale degli Innocenti, Salone Brunelleschiano

> BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA

The theme of the 2002 edition of the International Festival of Architecture
on Video (Florence, May 2nd-5th 2002) is BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA. What
is the role of architectural communication technology today? How do
architects use the new media? What new patterns are emerging in connection
with architectural technology? What vocational prospects are there for the
new generations?

BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA will emphasize the most significant aspects of
the changes produced by the media. It will present a picture of the most
interesting researches and draw attention to the consequences of using the
media, due to a forthcoming definition of new application scenarios.

> PREVIEW OF THE PROGRAM

During the international meetings, projections and presentations will
follow debates dealing with the most current topics, such as the role of
television in monitoring urban phenomena, especially after 9/11 when it
demonstrated all over the world the dramatic immediacy of real time
observation of events. Architecture will be shown as it is depicted in
music videoclip or in tv commercials, and the relations between
architecture and videogames will also be investigated. Issues arising from
the teaching of architecture in the digital era will be dealt with. The
most interesting researches developed in the Internet will de documented as
well as the birth of new architectural languages. The topic of the
transformation of public space due to the development of technologies of
digital communication will be considered. The results of the latest
researches in the field of digital production of architecture will be
shown. Cinema will be one of the topics of discussion, especially those
Italian authors who, mostly in recent times, offered some original readings
of the city and the territory. Also meetings with authors of special
effects and simulations will foresee some facets of our near future.

The participation, among others, of Bernard Cache, Giandomenico Amendola,
Pippo Ciorra, Luca Molinari, Kas Oosterhuis, Carlo Lizzani, Italo Moscati,
Stefano Boeri, Stefano Bartezzaghi is expected. Works by young Italian and
foreign architects will be devoted a consistent segment of the event. Among
these groups are nicole_fvr, Metrogramma, IaN+, ma0, amgod#n, AKD, Anguilla
Metrica, Studioata, 5+1, A12, LSB/BLS, dECOI, Franken, Splitterwerk,
SYNTAX, beige, as_architecture, Eloueini, HOV, Maurer, Vaccarini, MKT.A,
LAB[au], Cliostraat...

> CONTACT

iMage
via Scipione Ammirato 82
50136 Firenze, ITALIA
tel +39 055 666316
fax +39 055 6241253
http://www.architettura.it/image
image@architettura.it

* If you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list of iMage, you can send
a message to image@architettura.it with the word 'remove' as the subject.