[spectre] 2002 - 2002: THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF TIME SPECIFIC ART

Jeremy Welsh jeremy.welsh@khib.no
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:40:33 +0100

Wednesday 20 February is an interesting date. Why ?  Because written
numerically it makes the intriguingly symmetrical expression 2002 2002
(thanks to Akiko Hada for pointing this out to me).  Early next century
we'll get the even more interesting date 1111 1111, but I can't wait
that long........

So I am taking the step of naming 20 02 2002  THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF
TIME SPECIFIC ART
and with that I invite you to participate in its observance:

How - simply sometime during the day in question between 00.01 and 23.59
make a little action, event, image, statement, sound... etc and document
it in a simple way

And then what ?   email your statement, document, whatever to me
<jw@khib.no> quoting 2002 2002 in the subject line of your email.  I
will collect all of the emails and attached items that arrive in
response to this call and will assemble them in a simple online format
which I will then present to Kunstnett Norge / Artnet Norway for
presentation in their online gallery in March. I will accept email and
attachments in the form of text files, JPEG images and audio files.
Please don't send tons of images and sound files - stay within a maximum
of 1mb for total attachments.

All participants will be credited and their email addresses will be
posted along with their contributions. (If you don't want your email
address to be posted, please specify this when submitting) If you have a
URL that you feel is relevant to your submission, please include that
too.

I hope to hear from as many of you out there as possible

thanks in anticipation

Jeremy Welsh
jw@khib.no
Professor of Fine Art