[spectre] digital monogram project

jen banach jala289work@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I'm writing because I'm an artist working on a project
and am looking for

venues for exhibition of the project. I wondered

if any of you could recommend any  curators who might
be interested

in the project.

The project concerns digital monograms. I use an
online barcode generation service to produce barcodes
using

information I feed it about the person who possesses a
particular object

(usually it is their initials- like a traditional
monogram, date and other

info). The barcode can then be engraved or embroidered
etc onto object such

as compacts, flasks, business card holders, towels,
sheets etc.

It's a play on the traditional 3-letter monogram that
used to be applied to

objects to identify their owners,  mending visual art
with technology with

fashion and design etc...

I'm going to be distributing a few pieces soon- to the
collection of Sol

LeWitt, Inez van Lamsweerde of Matthew Marks gallery,
Marc Jacobs of Louis

Vuitton, Matthew Barney and Bjork etc. There is also a
 possibility of doing

an exclusive piece for the artist's group etoy
(postmasters gallery). I have

also been in touch with the curator of new media at
the Whitney Museum and

it looks like I might have a spot on the Artport site
in fall/winter; I will

also be working with Paul Miller aka DJ Spooky that
Subliminal Kid soon and

doing a show in yugoslavia as well.

I can send pics at your request.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Jennifer