[spectre] BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA - May 2-5, 2002

iMage image@architettura.it
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:07:30 +0200

Universita' degli Studi di Firenze - Facolta' di Architettura
Dipartimento di Tecnologie dell'Architettura e Design Pierluigi Spadolini

iMage

6. international festival of architecture in video

B E Y O N D  M E D I A / O L T R E  I  M E D I A

international architecture conference
> Florence, May 2-5 2002
> Ospedale degli Innocenti, Salone Brunelleschiano

BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA collects the liveliest evidences of an
architecture that is aware of the current communication technologies. As
every year, the Florence Festival describes an overview of the
international output -especially the emerging one- seen in its media form.
Besides considering the video as a communication tool, the investigation
focuses on wider processes that shift and redefine issues related to the
experimental, productive and public facet of doing architecture today. It
is an articulated framework that explores the possibilities offered by
digital processes and by the media system. Visionary and concrete acts at
the same time.

Among the participants are Ben Van Berkel and Caroline Bos (UN studio),
John Thackara (doorsofperception), Andrea Branzi, Bernard Cache
(Objectile), Clemens Weisshaar, Reed Kram, Markus Schaefer (OMA), Gabriele
Del Mese (ARUP Italia), Paolo Desideri (ABDR), Kas Oosterhuis. Studiosi e
critici, tra cui Pippo Ciorra (Casabella), Marisa Galbiati, Luca Molinari
(Triennale di Milano), Gabriele Mastrigli (Il Manifesto), Gianni Canova
(Duel), Italo Moscati, Giovanni Damiani, Antonino Saggio (Universita' "La
Sapienza", Roma), Livio Sacchi (Universita' di Pescara), Oliviero Beha,
Marialuisa Palumbo, Derrick De Kerckhove (McLuhan Program)...

The festival devotes signficant attention to the youngest architects this
year, especially those coming from Italy. BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA
proposes contributions and presents architectures designed by young
architects: among them Giuseppe Dell'Aquila (LSB), SPIN+, METROGRAMMA
STUDIO, Ernesto Bartolini, SPLITTERWERK, STALKagency, Giuseppe Mantia,
Alberto Iacovoni (ma0), Thomas Bisiani, Giovanni Vaccarini, nicole fvr,
A12, AnguillAMetrica, COEX, A.polis, HOV, Kdlab, Ghigos, 5+1 associati,
SYNTAX, son:DA, as architecture, Privileggio Secchi, IaN+, Studioata...

Among exhibited projects are recent works by outstanding figures of the
international architectural scene, such as Herzog and De Meuron,
Massimiliano Fuksas, Diller+Scofidio, Eduardo Arroyo, Garofalo Architects,
Rem Koolhaas (OMA/AMO), Greg Lynn FORM, Ammar Eloueini, Zaha Hadid, NEXT
architects, West 8, Skidmore Owings and Merrill, Kazuyo Sejima SANAA...

Visit the official site of BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA to know the complete
program of the event. http://www.architettura.it/image

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 iMage
 82, via Scipione Ammirato
 50136 Firenze, ITALY
 t: +39 055 666316 or 6241253
 f: +39 055 6241253
 http://www.architettura.it/image
 image@architettura.it

 >BEYOND MEDIA/OLTRE I MEDIA
 international festival for architecture in video
 >ARCHITECTURE MEDIA PLAYER
 >SESV

* If you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list of iMage, you can send
a message to image@architettura.it with the word 'remove' as the subject.