[spectre] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 48

Lloyd Dunn ll@detritus.net
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:01:04 +0200

#  If you no longer wish to recieve e-mail announcements from the
#  Photostatic Retrograde Archive, simply let us know and we will remove
#  your name from the mailing list.
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

now available for download, retrograde release no. 3, april 2002:

Retrofuturism 17

direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/r17.pdf

the Retrofuturism series in the (for us) uncertain year of 1993,
there is ample evidence that our enthusiastic energy for this project
was beginning to peter out. Nonetheless, the current issue contained
a number of substantial contributions, including a nice piece from
the Disdainists about a culture wallowing in a surfeit of modern art,
and what they chose to do about it. Also noteworthy is a long text by
the inimitable Al Ackerman, ostensibly a report from the 'Southwest
Decentralized Mail Art Congress and Rodeo'.

In addition, a number of works continued to dwell upon the outcome of
the then recently-completed presidential elections, and how they left
us feeling. Most notably among them, Stephen-Paul Martin weighs in
with his meditation on the media's role in all this in the lead
article 'Media - Countermedia' and attempts to draw us in an
alternative directions.

Graphics by Colin Ives and Nonlocal Variable, as well as a book
review of Bob Black's 'Friendly Fire' by Ed Lawrence, round out the
issue.

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde Archive serves as a
repository for a complete collection of Photostatic Magazine,
Retrofuturism, and Psrf, in electronic form. We are posting issues in
PDF format, at more or less regular intervals, in reverse
chronological order to form a mirror image in time of the original
series. When the first issue, dating from 1983, is finally posted in
several year's time, then this electronic archive will be complete.

issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--

#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/