[spectre] Metapod.Expo opens tonight 31/10/01

Helen Sloan helen@volcanic.demon.co.uk
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:47:12 +0000

Metapod.Expo opens tonight and if you are in the area of Birmingham, UK we=B9=
like to invite you the opening events and launch party this evening from
6pm.

Following on from the success of last year=B9s expo, Metapod Expo 2001looks a=
exciting new practices in electronic media for the creative industries and
reflects on the diverse range of work and opportunity currently available.

Entitled Interface, this year=B9s Expo will address developments in radical
new approaches to interaction and interfacing using old and new
technologies.=20
New forms of broadcasting, reconfigured and recycled electronics, and
innovative approaches to the definition of communities shape this year=B9s
conferences, performance and exhibitions.

The opening night of Metapod Expo brings some of the finest examples of
electronic media work from across Europe to the region.  Join us from
6.00-8.00pm at the Ikon Galleryfor a drink and a private view of Austrian
artist=B9s Herzig Weiser=B9s extraordinary installation zgodlolcator, where
users can physically and sonically manipulate a landscape constructed from
granulated computers.
There=B9s also to catch a chance for a special viewing of Julian Opie=B9s lates=
exhibition at Ikon.

The evening then moves onto Kudos Bar with a performance by Birmingham base=
artist Brian Duffy.  In Duffy=B9s stunning digital sound piece The Modified
Toy Orchestra, he performs with rewired and reconfigured speak =8Cn  spell
electronic toys from the 1970=B9s and 1980=B9s.

Finally the evening ends with a DJ line up presented by Capsule including
Dreams of Tall Buildings, Jeff Spicoli (Stati'k) and Iacon.

All these events are FREE and we very much hope to see you.  Please find
enclosed a Metapod brochure detailing all of the events in this year=B9s Expo
or alternatively visit us at www.metapod.com/expo.  In particular, I hope
that the Fluid Symposium, including rare contributions from the makers of
Big Brother, Stewart Home, and Peter Sotos of Whitehouse.
We look forward to seeing you at Metapod.Expo 2001

Mark Ball and Helen Sloan
Metapod Directors.